it’s Tuesday, which means… it’s almost midweek! And what comes with the midweek? Is it happiness of the impending weekend? Or just dreariness of the next few days to come?
We feel it don’t we? In the lethargy we feel at work, to the eye bags and dark rings we feel creeping up on our face… Well, we’re here to tell you not to fret!
Here’s to getting rid of all that by using some quick ways to brightening both our moods and skin!
1) When you wake up in the morning, take a cube of ice and leisurely rub it around your face for either 2-3 minutes or until it is completely gone.
If you have normal/combi/oily skin, go ahead and wash your face with a facewash first before doing this. If you have dry skin, just splash your face with some tepid water and follow up with the ice.
The ice helps to soothe the skin of any inflammation and also helps to awaken the skin and allows you to feel more refreshed. The cold also works partly as a pore-reducing agent, and makes you look brighter and healthier.
2) Drink 2 cups of Green Tea (decaffeinated) the night before, and save the used green tea bags (soak them just once each time). Leave them in the fridge overnight. When you wake up, you can use them as eye masks to reduce puffiness and dark rings. About 15 minutes should be good enough.
Also, the green tea should help you loosen your tense nerves and make you readier to face the busy day ahead.
3) So maybe you haven’t got time to shower in the morning, or were too tired to wash your night before and you do not have dry shampoo in stock at home.. no need to worry. Simply use some baby powder or talcum powder, shake some out onto your palms and work it into your scalp.
If you still find that your hair feels oily, feel free to shake the powder directly onto your hair and just work it in till there is no more trace of whiteness. You can comb it in for extra measure.
4) Sometimes we rush our makeup in the morning or we haven’t had a good sleep the night before, and it really shows. Our makeup looks chalky and dry and just so out of sorts; that does get depressing doesn’t it?
Well, here’s a tip I’ve read from Hollywood stars and how they prepare for their Award Shows. For that slightly dewy look that softens their harsh makeup, they take a bath with warm to hot water and let the steam moisten up their skin.
Unlike them, since we may not have the luxury to take a bath, we could do a 1-2 minute shower (with our hair up) and splash some tepid to warm water onto our skin/makeup and leave it there. If it feels uncomfortable, use your palms to lightly press over the whole face so water doesn’t drip all over the place. When you get out, press 1-2 whole tissues over your face to dry up the water and presto! Your makeup should look softer. (Please make sure your makeup is waterproof.)
5) The night before, especially when you’re feeling particularly tired, try an au naturale mask that will leave your skin so soft and glowing. All you need is a banana, some oatmeal (organic would be good), and honey!
Take about 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and into a bowl and put some boiling hot water in to mash it up until very mushy. Then you can add in about 1/4 a banana (you could eat the rest or do this mask with friends) and 1-2 tablespoons of honey.
Mash everything up together nicely till you get a smooth texture, and apply it to your face for about 15-20 minutes and then wash it off. Your skin will feel taut and healthy.